Sunday, May 8, 2011

Roc & Roe

The past whole week had been quite eventful.


















Prince William is finally married. From the cute little boy whose late mother had doted on him so much to this almost-bald gentleman that he is today, the journey of his life has been very interesting thus far. Can’t wait to see how his kids look like (might not be too long a wait).













I can’t believe Osama bin Laden is dead… again. I thought I read from somewhere that he died 10 years ago. Nevermind. Whatever. Not like the world is getting any better with him dead and gone. Just don't want to hear that he's suddenly alive and well somewhere out there a few years from now- like some kinda predictable Hollywood movie trilogy with the superhero hailing from the United States of A.












I also can’t believe Mariah Carey just gave birth to twins and named them Moroccan Scott Cannon and Monroe Cannon. Not surprisingly, a few creative ‘uns out there soon came up with cute nicknames for those twins: Roc and Roe, Mor and Mon (MorMon).












If you Google for the word "cannon" through Google Images, you also get to see pictures of cannons and the Cannons (Mariah Carey and hubby) appearing on the same page. Not sure what images will appear if you key in "Moroccan Cannon" (I don't want to know).


I’m just glad she didn’t name her twins Moroccan Carey-Cannon and Monroe Carey-Cannon.
“Cannon to the right of them, cannon to the left of them, cannon to the front of them”- that’s taken from the poem, ‘The Charge of the Light Brigade’, written by Lord Alfred Tennyson. That poem almost put me to sleep back in high school.

If I ever have twins next time, I’ll probably name them Malaysian and Mahathir… <3 <3 <3















Clockwise from top left: 1. Transformation towards a High-Earning Developed Country: Budget 2011; 2. "WAH! 10" comic book with cute cartoons explaining Malaysia's 10th Development Plan thingie; 3. Red button badge nicked from someone in the army during a Career Fair to recruit brave, young soldiers (he freaked out when I asked him for that badge); 4. Barisan Nasional- souvenir book with nice pics printed on glossy paper; 4. "Report Corruption"- huge almighty car sticker that can be seen from 1 mile away (get your "Report Corruption" car stickers from the nearest airport- FREE!!).











Picture above: Last page of the "WAH! 10" comic book. Kindly ignore that SUBWAY tissue paper on the right.















Picture above: List of contents page of the "WAH! 10" comic book. The story starts with 3 boys- a Malay, Chinese and Indian- visiting the Malay boy's father. Kindly ignore that strange-looking pink Beanie above the comic book.
















Picture above: Two pages from the "WAH! 10" comic book depicting the wonders of Malaysia, its government and its people. Kindly ignore those two extra items above the comic book.


Back to Mariah's Moroccan Cannon:

Moroccan: Hi, I'm Moroccan.
Gustav: Weird. You don't sound Moroccan.
Moroccan: No. I'm African-American. My name is Moroccan.
Gustav: You're confusing the hell outta me. Are you from Africa, America or Morocco?
Moroccan: I'm from America, but my name is Moroccan.

Gustav: I know that already. My name is German, Gustav. What is YOUR name?

Moroccan: My name is Moroccan.
Gustav: Moroccan for what?

Moroccan: What?

Gustav: What does your name mean in Moroccan?

Moroccan: How should I know? I'm American.

Gustav: Look, buddy. Just tell me your name!!!

Moroccan: IT'S MOROCCAN!

Gustav: I DON'T CARE IF IT'S MOROCCAN! TELL ME WHAT IT IS!

Moroccan: IT'S MOROCCAN!!

Gustav: I DON'T CARE!!









Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell
Rode the six hundred.


- The Charge of the Light Brigade, Lord Alfred Tennyson

4 comments:

Thomas Lee/Lee Lip Pang said...

That's one very eventful week.

j_yenn said...

Yup. Eventful for other people, but kinda boring for me, the observer :P

Ken Wooi said...

hahaha.. the conversation was funny!: D

j_yenn said...

Wah. First Class Honours guy Mr. Ken Wooi commented on my blog once again. TQ, TQ :P