Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Open Concept

Open concept office layout: I see you, you see me; we can see everybody, everywhere...







Open concept office


I was somewhat perplexed as to why I was suddenly receiving so many strange friend requests through Facebook recently.

One friend request came from a white guy whom I've never met before...









I noticed there were MANY young Asian girls whom he had added as his Facebook friends.

And then I found out this same name appearing in this "Violation History" website. Not sure if it's the same person from the picture above, but it's still freaky..........

I then realized why these strange friend requests suddenly kept coming in… It was all that Facebook founder’s fault because his company suddenly decided to “open up” every Facebook user’s profile to everyone else, unless you reset your privacy settings.













It’s eerie. For the past few weeks, my slightly private life had probably been made available to many strangers through the Internet.








Picture above: Facebook founder, Mark Suckerbird

This Harvard genius Mark Suckerbird has probably never come across THIS STORY before.

Sometimes, sharing too much information about you with the whole wide world isn’t too wise.

I hope Mark Suckerbird suffers a terrible hangover on New Year ’s Day, and that Facebook would learn to respect its clients’ privacy and not repeat this silly mistake by going for the "OPEN" concept. D@mn you, Mark!


3 comments:

Su YSW said...

sharing too much on facebook is never a good idea especially when people shout about their works stresses or how bad is their bosses! The bosses and superiors can easily trace what are employees doing down there!

j_yenn said...

Yeah, terrible busybodies, aren't they? :P
Happy New Year.

Kelvin said...

Happy New Year in advanced^^