Friday, February 26, 2010

APIIT-pUCTI’s Perpetual Parking Problem










Picture above: APIIT-UCTI's scenic lakeside parking area.

I’ll try to control myself from coming up with too many blog entries about APIIT-UCTI after today’s entry. I’ll try…

What really surprised me this week was that quite a number of APIIT-UCTI students/graduates had shared about their painful experiences at APIIT-UCTI in the comments section of my blog entry here, albeit anonymously. I feel slightly comforted as I’m not the only victim of APIIT-UCTI’s chariot of calamity led by a lusus naturae that goes by the name of Anthony.

I’m surprised nothing can be done to reprimand Anthony from going to extremes when students commit the very slightest of “mistakes”. “Mistakes” that are sometimes so trivial you just can’t believe they’re actually seen as serious crimes when students are confronted by Anthony. Anthony clearly has no whatsoever decent experience when it comes to dealing with Generations Y and Z kids.

Perhaps Anthony’s son is married to Dr. Parmjit’s daughter, hence his attainment of immunity each time he verbally abuses a student (ie: nepotism)? Perhaps Anthony is Dr. Parmjit’s fuck buddy golf buddy (ie: cronyism)?

I've been informed that even the college bus drivers listen to Anthony’s orders to catch students who dare to defy him. The fact that Anthony is so unbelievably irremovable from his throne really, really perplexes me. Which top guy or notorious underworld figure is Cow-dung Anthony closely connected to?

All abused APIIT-UCTI students from the past and present should do themselves and the rest of the world a huge favour by NOT positively recommending APIIT-UCTI to any prospective student after this. Be warned, ye prospective customers of APIIT-UCTI. The only few types of people who'd go around saying nice things about APIIT-UCTI would be APIIT-UCTI employees, students and education consultants getting paid commissions to recruit new students (one of those marketing strategies employed by many Malaysian private higher education institutions).

Recently, many students cried foul over the new decision by God-knows-which-bigshot to have the students pay RM 5.00 each time they park their cars at the new APIIT-UCTI car-park. When this issue was brought up to Anthony, one of the students commented in a forum that Anthony simply said it’s “none of my business”. Oh well. What can Anthony do? He’s only a mid-level manager pretending to be Jesus Christ/ God Almighty within the confines of the APIIT-UCTI building. Pretenders can’t raise the dead nor turn water into wine.

I had always encountered parking problems each time I drove to APIIT-UCTI last time. It was SO DEPRESSING just to try to look for a decent parking space.

Wanna see how far away the new APIIT-UCTI parking space is from the APIIT-UCTI main campus located at Bukit Jalil's Technology Park Malaysia (TPM)? Here’s a visual treat for you:








Wanna see how APIIT-UCTI’s parking space looks like after a little shower from the skies?

Here ya go:










We can actually have an APIIT-UCTI beach party here, baby! Oh yeah! This is the most happening college in the world, woo hoo!! Anthony can come dressed in nothing!! (Worst nightmare, seriously)










One student joked about APIIT-UCTI being a “scenic lakeside campus” due to this strange phenomenon of rivers and lakes forming at the car-park each time after it rains.

Another student complained about having to pay RM3.00 each time his car is parked at TPM.

Whether the parking fee is RM3 or RM5 doesn’t matter (I remember being charged RM5 for my parking, even for only 1 hour). What matters is that students are being heavily taxed on a consistent basis each time they drive to APIIT-UCTI for their classes. RM3 or RM5 is just about the cost of a decent meal from any college canteen.

To rub salt, chlorine and acid to the wound, once the students park their cars, they still have to wait for APIIT-UCTI’s bus to transport them from the car-park to the main campus. Here’s how they queue up:










Picture above: Part of APIIT-UCTI's student activities.

What if it had been a rainy day? I don’t see any shelter here for the students. The only solution is to run back into their cars and drive to APIIT-UCTI, not knowing where to park their cars after that (APIIT-UCTI has extremely limited parking spaces). Or miss their classes for that day because of this parking problem.

Here’s a picture of a student expressing his anger at TPM’s parking signboard:













And THIS is what happens should you not park your car properly (yes, this happened near APIIT-UCTI, inside TPM):










Photo caption: "This What those TPM Parking Management ppl done .... not clamp in front or any visible area i take a complain to them and they keep saying we put notice at ur car u didnt see thats your problem as we didnt not see any clamping we will normally will drive off. Alhought iam not APIIT student but i work in TPM"

There’s clear and present danger in every nook and corner of APIIT-UCTI. You also go through horrifying parking experiences within the area where the campus is located.

Anthony will never apologize to me and all the students whom he had unnecessarily abused before. One can only hope he'd die a miserable death one of these days.












*Read about my horrifying experience at APIIT-pUCTI here.










Picture above: Girls who like to wear high heels should never consider studying at APIIT-UCTI. Guys who don't like to mess up their shoes shouldn't consider studying at APIIT-UCTI too. In spite of such a situation, no slippers are allowed in APIIT-UCTI, unfortunately. Otherwise, Anthony will catch you and verbally rape you.

What every college car-park beach party needs:



22 comments:

yc said...

wow. hahahha! you really come up with the weirdest stories.

zewt said...

going all out eh? :)

j_yenn said...

What to do, Zewtness. People can still be so ungrateful after I had contributed so much $$$ into APIIT-UCTI.

Deva said...

Anthony has always been helpful to me everyday I have gone to him or encountered him. I feel his strong attitude on discipline has made me strong in my career.

zewt said...

hahaha... you got your deposit in the end right?

j_yenn said...

Deva: Well, good for you :)

zewt: yes. they're in the process of sending my money to me after a short discussion.

j_yenn said...

Deva: Well, good for you :)

zewt: yes. they're in the process of sending my money to me after a short discussion.

j_yenn said...

Deva: Well, good for you :)

zewt: yes. they're in the process of sending my money to me after a short discussion.

Anonymous said...

haha maybe anthony's schizo abit. good to some students but crazy to others. i dun like him.

j_yenn said...

Hmm. Another anonymous commenter. Tak syiok lah :P

Oh well, there's this thing called "one man's meat is another man's poison". We probably looked like poisonous students to certain college employees. Poor us.

apiit student! said...

who the fuck is this deva? was he paid to make that comment? or is it anthony who make that comment? bloody racist! irrelevant comment. you next time no need to accept such comment.

j_yenn said...

LOL! OK, thanks for your comment, apiit student!

TPM Tenants worker said...

its still like that after a year passed by...some of us couldnt wait for the bus/van and took a 'morning walk'..sometimes wait..sometimes walk..sometimes get clamp because wrong parking space taken. i hope tpm makes a better parking space nearer to tenant's place. cause fyi, only important people get to park near their own office..not a clerk,not accounting people,not any normal workers..we are large in numbers and they cant actually fit us near our office place..

j_yenn said...

those in the "large numbers" group tend to be very replaceable.

"you're not happy, then you leave". pretty ironic.

guess we just have to get on with our lives despite all this hassle.

Anonymous said...

If you are one of us that is really pissed off with TPM parking, sign petition on TPM parking mismanagement - http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tpmparkingwoes/

Forward this to as many friends you have so that we can together make a difference.

j_yenn said...

Thanks. Let's see if anything actually improves from here.....

amikaking said...

hi j_yenn, I was just another victim yesterday when hunting free parking there. Btw I still wish and try my best to hunt for new parking which is free (maybe around the area) and I don't wanna to see my Honda to be clamped again T_T...

It is not worth to pay such RM5 to park our cars which is already an equal amount for a decent lunch or meal. I wonder why they don't try to cut off the trees nearby the APIIT building and build a large parking area there for students, since we all have contributed so much of $$ to them, seeking improvements...

May I ask you a question, what happened if I always park my car along the roadside? Will they clamp my car as well? Even though I'm not in the clamping area?

I tried that once when I was rush in time but nothing happened to me after that. But now I not dare to risk that anymore because I just had lost my RM50 inside the reserved parking zone. T_T

j_yenn said...

Haha. Your comment brings back strange memories for me, amikaking.

At one time, all the car-parks around APIIT-UCTI were so full of cars I actually decided to park my car at the side of the road, directly opposite the APIIT-UCTI building. I went into APIIT for just about 15 minutes and when I came out, there was a paper placed on my windscreen, telling me that I had to pay RM50. Luckily my car wasn't clamped, so I drove off.
Shhhhhhh, please don't tell anyone about this! :P

So, to answer your question, I think it is still safer to park your car within any car-park area in TPM. We come from a culture where people from certain transport departments will simply find any possible means of making money from us no matter what our faults may be, intentionally or otherwise!

amikaking said...

Thanks for the reply. Today i have spent one and half hours hunting for "free" parking and very sad, all of them are not free!!! But soon I parked my car on top of the hill behind APIIT building, where it was a place that the security guards won't be so notice, LOL!
By the way there were quite a lot of car users like me parked their cars there and nothing happened as well! ^^

Another place i found parking is free and won't got clamped is in the laboratory building (I just don't know what its name) located just beside APIIT building only. The parking lot doesn't has any registered number written and i think any cars are allowed be parked there as well, AS LONG you pretend urself as a student going to the lab building there and remember, DO NOT ASK and LET the security guard to see you are walking to the APIIT building instead of their building.

That's all what I have gotten today. But please do this on your own risk. I'm just giving suggestion for people who are just like me. Cheers ^^

Good luck all parking hunters.

amikaking said...

Uhm, I forget to add up something: Think logically, if all the students who drove had parked their cars "illegally" or without paying parking fees, of course the security guards may clamp their vehicles.

But, I mean, if there are so MANY of students who just do it that way, how could probably the guards have so many of these darn equipments to clamp their wheels? Don't you agree?

At least, I guess they might have less than 5 of these stupid clamps, hahaha~ because yesterday I just saw my car and another person's car got clamped by only 2 of these clamps...

j_yenn said...

Oh my goodness, AMIKAKING! I just published your comment with information about all the secret "free parking" spaces available at TPM!!

Gone liao! All these "secret parking spaces" will now be traced by the security guards and then they'll start penalizing all those people who park their cars in these secret hiding places!

Anyway, I'm glad I no longer have to go there. So yeah, good luck to all those parking lot hunters. I've gone through my fair share of headache hunting for parking spaces last time.

j_yenn said...

Not sure how many clamps these people have. They probably have hundreds of these things available, for all you know. Surely all the fines and parking fees collected on a daily basis would've enabled them to have a budget large enough to purchase loads of clamps, handcuffs, Tasers and whatnots on a monthly basis
Sorry, being lame again :P