Monday, January 18, 2010

BASKET!!!

*Please take this story lightly with a fistful of salt, even though I might sound slightly insane here…










Picture above: Picture of a basket-seller. You can't really see her from here due to the various baskets hanging all over her bicycle.

The word “basket” is the Singlish or Manglish equivalent of a certain swear word that might refer to something “irregular, inferior, spurious, or unusual” (source). This shall be the word that I shall describe a certain college where I spent RM40,000 on for my postgraduate qualifications.

I shall not reveal the identity of this “basket college” just yet. When it is time for the college identity unveiling to be done, I hope many people will be made aware of the excruciatingly dismal services provided by this college which so happens to like to hog most of the prime advertizing spots in newspapers. I don’t want any of you to go through the same hellish experience I had been made to go through.

One month ago in December 2009, I politely requested for a simple graduate confirmation letter from this BASKET college. I had also requested to have the letter mailed to my house. The girl in charge of postgraduate administrative matters simply emailed me a soft copy of the letter with the reply :

Hi,

As requested.

Regards

*Staff signature*

What kind of a reply is this? I know you want to save time and don’t want to type out long sentences, but at least address your customer by name. That’s what I do all the time when I reply formal emails to anyone, unless I didn’t want to acknowledge the person properly due to certain mean reasons.

The letter I had requested for was meant to be used for certain foreign administrative matters. Christmas came and went. No sign of the letter through snail mail from this BASKET college. I can’t use the email version of the letter in the situation I am currently in because it won't be a valid document.

Just about a week ago, I sent another email to this silly college employee asking about the letter. Her amazing reply was:

Hi J,

I’ve sent it a few weeks back, quite surprised that you’ve not received it yet. I tell you what, you confirm your address with me again and I will send it out again today.

Regards

*Staff signature*

BASKET IDIOT! I tell you what, I have been in the education business long enough to know whether a BASKET college employee is lying to a student or not. I’ve been receiving irrelevant promotional materials from your BASKET college all this while. Now tell me why my important graduate confirmation letter has not arrived until today even after almost ONE MONTH already! You busy playing Facebook and uploading pictures of you and your boyfriend or what? I know what you’ve been doing through Facebook, you dumb monkey! And I don’t like people who use the phrase “I tell you what” because it sounds like something from a cheesy low-grade slasher movie. BASKET!

One week has just passed me by. I shot a short one-sentence email to the college once again, this time sounding far from friendly…

And the very immediate reply was that my letter had been sent to me a few days ago through registered mail.

Tip to private college students: When simple academic/admission requests don't go your way, throw a hissy fit. Breathe down the employees' necks if necessary. I've tried throwing tantrums after being too nice for too long, and I now see immediate results.

Sure, and it takes almost a week for a document sent through registered mail to arrive. I don’t see any sign of any letter in my mailbox until now. What are you jokers trying to do??

I had also been publicly humiliated before by one of the senior managers from this BASKET college for wearing expensive jeans into the college building. This BASKET college thinks it’s so F*CKING high-class they have to go around catching and humiliating students who walked in not realizing what they should or should not wear.

As a paying customer, I feel VERY VIOLATED by this BASKET college. I had been one of the so-called respected employees in the organization where I used to work in, especially when given a chance to sit on stage with important people during important events (and wear jeans into the conference room at one time). However, I get treated like SH*T the moment I became a postgraduate student of a certain BASKET college in the city even after paying all of my fees and not owing this BASKET college anything.













Picture above: Imagine simultaneously being a so-called popular employee at your workplace (also a college) with a regular seat provided on stage, while also being relegated to the level of SH*T STUDENT at another BASKET college in the city where you can be simply bullied and pushed around by the college employees.

These jokers from this BASKET college shouldn’t even be allowed to deal with students nor be involved in the education industry in the first place.

*This blogger is currently not representing any education institution and is merely writing from her viewpoint as a very much violated and verbally abused customer of a certain college in the city.

2 comments:

Kelvin said...

Lol, ur tip is so true, some 'basket' just deserve to be ranted at. Esp those from the education and health sectors...they are just fucking not doing their jobs.

j_yenn said...

My father was just informed by another employee that my letter was only mailed out on the day the college received my nasty email. This means the college had been playing around with me all this while.

Yes, I just had to get my whole family involved in this little issue this time around. This can only happen when a college is not doing their work properly...