Thursday, October 15, 2009

Contradicting myself @ Flip-flopping

Here’s a picture that I took while running around at a park…










Yes, I ran after kangaroos. They were so cute and adorable. I felt really sad because many kangaroos were killed in the Australian bushfire earlier this year :(







Remnants of former greatness



And when I told my father about me making friends with kangaroos, he got scared and scolded me- because kangaroos might go crazy and suddenly beat me up or something. But then, most fathers would get worried over just about anything.

A few days after that, I forgot about those cute and adorable kangaroos that I met at the park and decided to have a kangaroo for lunch… OK, just part of the kangaroo, though...









KANGAROO

I was so happy to have ordered something so exotic for lunch… :)

I’m somewhat contradicting myself here, aren’t I?






Lunch at Yering Station




I also sometimes think that many of the Caucasians whom I had met outside Malaysia are somewhat more civic-minded than my own people. But then, I tend to contradict myself unknowingly by saying things that don’t really make sense (that crazy old man whom I used to report to at work taught me that!)

Here’s another "contradicting myself" incident that’s really not worth mentioning after this…










“Oh wow, this place has got such a nice view!” I enthused over the restaurant where J and S brought me to.

Campari is located next to another restaurant called “Waterfront”. You could take a stroll along the jetty outside these two restaurants and also take pictures of whatever you want to…



















Here’s a picture of what J and S ordered for tea-time...










I forgot the name of that rice dish. Next to the rice dish are those things called “tapas”, a great dish for small-eaters.

At the table, J and S joked about me finding a handsome “gwailo” and settling down outside Malaysia.

While happily munching away on tapas, I defended myself by saying, “Oh, no! Of course not! They’re hairy and smelly, hahaha!” and then proceeded with my happy tapas-munching ritual.

J and S laughed along.

A few seconds later, I felt a sudden chill run down my neck. For those few seconds, I had to slowly recover from that weird reeling sensation in my mind.










I momentarily forgot that I was actually having foreign food in a foreign country, in a restaurant where I was surrounded by “gwailo” customers and waiters! *HORROR!!!*










“Hairy and smelly? Did I just say that?” I asked myself, “Why am I always saying such crazy things?”

I didn’t dare turn around to look at the people sitting at the table behind me.

For the next few minutes, I merely kept quiet while continuing to enjoy snacking on whatever I could find on the table.

I could only pray that the people around me had not paid attention to what I had said. And I could only hope they had misheard me saying “hairy and smelly” as “Harry and Sally”.










Yes, Harry and Sally, my two good friends, whoever they are…

Thankfully, life went on as normal, no one got injured in the restaurant, and everybody lived happily ever after.

When we left the restaurant, I took this picture…










Whoever those people were, I hope they have a great sense of humour if they ever find out about the picture above.

No comments: