Monday, October 19, 2009

.G.U.E.S.S.

Quite a number of my friends keep asking me why I keep putting up really strange holiday photos in my Facebook account- mostly photos that don't include the presence of vain human posers, but that of really strange objects, buildings and scenery...

No need to keep wondering why I keep uploading such photos for you people to look at. Such an unexplainable and peculiarly amazing trait somewhat runs in the family, and is especially apparent in one person whom I shall call "Uncle J".

Uncle J is one strange person who likes to crack really lame jokes wherever he goes. Sometimes, his jokes are not funny at all, but everyone still laughs- not because the particular joke is funny, but because he just looks so funny laughing at his own joke that it's just too funny not to laugh at him laughing...

But then he's pretty cool because he taught me how to ski and also fall down everywhere while skiing.

Here are a few pictures taken during his holiday- all pictures taken from his Bali holiday album:












Palm frond in Bali













Tree branch in Bali













Guess what in Bali













Palm tree in Bali



Without telling you where those pictures were taken from, he'd show you a picture and ask, "Guess where this picture was taken?"

"Where?" you'd ask, evidently confused with what you've just seen in the picture.

And then he'd just nonchalantly say, "Bali, hahahahahaaaa..."

Right. Very funny.

But then, the reason why I came up with today's story is not because I want to talk about Uncle J. This is only an introduction to another more interesting story.

In my next blog entry, I will talk about Uncle J's very interesting nephew. The nephew who left his homeland as a young boy and then grew up to become one of the most talented and creative people ever to be hired by the likes of TIME, Asiaweek, and Newsweek (and National Geographic too, if I'm not mistaken). The boy with a name which many from his homeland have never carefully paid attention to, but have somehow encountered many times before in many places...

2 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

nice pictures from bali..
never been there before..
but sked to go there la..
BOMB then how? =P

kenwooi.com

j_yenn said...

I agree with you. Those Bali pictures are VERY NICE, aren't they?! *_*

No place is a safe place these days. Not only bombs, must not forget about natural disasters too... So, stay at home lor...