Sunday, October 4, 2009

What can you see...

10% of America’s population is currently facing the prospect of long-term, double-digit unemployment. When economic growth eventually returns, many will still be unemployed.

The economy’s bad and has yet to fully pick up. Regardless of the economic situation, life still has to go on. People with families still have to make ends meet. They need to put food on the table- or as George W. Bush puts it, “to put food ON your FAMILY”.








Surviving tough times is not easy for most people. I know many who have to take up part-time work right after their routine 9-to-5 “ordeal” at the office.

While walking around in a shopping mall, a lady approached me. She’s the kind of person that I’m just too afraid of meeting in a dark alley... and in broad daylight too.










“Because we care, XOXO”



She’s an insurance agent- the kind of person who suddenly becomes your bestest friend in the whole wide world and the entire universe, and constantly calls you up to ask, “How are you? How’s work today? Do you still feel exhausted after work? Maybe we can hang out and have coffee this weekend- my treat! You take care, alright?”

I’ve ignored a few of such people and they’re no longer my friends after that. I’m not a very reliable friend because I don’t sign up for every insurance policy that comes along my way.

Anyway, about the lady who approached me at the shopping mall, she first produced her business card to me and introduced herself.










In more glamorous terms, the lady is called a “Financial Consultant”. A consultant is defined as “a person who gives professional or expert advice”. The lady is also a degree holder.

As I was about to walk away, the lady produced a second business card. I was a bit surprised with her action at first: “Wow, multi-tasker. Very entrepreneurial…”

And then my mind somewhat momentarily flipped out when I saw what was on her second business card. I couldn’t believe my eyes…










I just met a Financial Consultant who’s also a Fortune Teller! The economy must be really bad in spite of the nice things the government is telling you…

So anyway, I’ve got her contact number and email. What should I do? There were suddenly so many things racing through my mind; so many questions; so few answers…

If I were to call her, what should I say to a person who has two completely different personalities?










While typing out this entry, I suddenly thought of a few possible questions that I could ask her, IF I should ever decide to call her:

1. Which party will win the next Malaysian general election?

2. Who will be the next President of the United States after Barack Obama?

3. Tell me the exact moment when I will be officially married. Tell me-the date, month, year, hour, and minute. Where will the venue be at? Tell me EXACTLY how the place looks like, I don’t care how.

4. A lot of horrifying, heart-wrenching natural disasters take place when each year is about to draw to a close. Where and when will the next disaster take place so that we can warn everybody about it?

5. What will I have for dinner tomorrow?

6. Which country will host the 2020 Olympics?

What can you see?



No comments: