Monday, September 14, 2009

But honey, i'ts not what you think it is!!

If you care about someone, you sometimes either want to call, write emails to, or buy nice things for that certain someone.

I missed him so much. So I thought I’d get him a necktie as a surprise.



















At times like this, I'd prefer to shop alone as I'd get to look at things at my own pace without having to wait for anyone else, or having another person wait for me while I shop.

There were a few necktie shops in the shopping mall. I entered all of the shops and finally decided to settle for one of the more reputable brands… after two hours.














It took me another few more minutes to decide which tie I should get from that shop. Finally, I made up my mind after going from one shop to another, examining one necktie after another, bewildering one salesgirl after another...

One of the salesgirls took the necktie, wrapped it up in a classy little cardboard envelope and dropped it into a paper bag that was big enough to fit two more boxes of shoes and all of Angelina Jolie's kids in it. Like, save the trees, man. But it was kinda fun walking around in public places showing off that little bag with a particularly eye-catching logo on it...



















The salesgirls at the shop started giving me those funny I’m-feeling-all-warm-and-fuzzy-inside-distant-faraway looks that somehow said: “Aww, what a great girlfriend she is… How will she give him this necktie? Hide it at his office desk? Blindfold him with it? Help tie it up for him?”




How about, "Hang him? Choke him?"








That glassy-eyed, distant, faraway look




So I got home a few days after that, walked into his study room, dropped that little bag of necktie on his desk and said something like, “Oy, me brother. I got ye a new tie. Your other ties look kinda funny weird, especially that one with the design of a ******** on it. Didn’t your friends ever tell you that?”

I love my kid brother. He’s so adorable… when I annoy him.
















Do your part, get involved- Meme: Save Yvonne's sight!

3 comments:

Kellaw said...

dropping by from...erm i cant remember where already. hahaha

j_yenn said...

hi kellaw... thanks for dropping by from dunno where lol

Ken Wooi said...

haha.. like the guys vs girls shopping method.. =P

kenwooi.com