Monday, September 21, 2009

Liar, liar













There was this one time not too long ago when I was about to board my flight back to Malaysia from this other country.

I was sitting at my own corner minding my own business when an old man with a funny accent suddenly started talking to me. He sat a few seats away from me. He said, “Hi, where are you from, I’m going to Malaysia and then to Lebanon with my family. Flight might take around 24 hours…”







The Mr. Bean icon indicates where the funny old man was seated at that time... icon is also for concealing his identity.


“What family?” I thought, “Where’s the rest of his family such as A WIFE and probably a kid or two running around?”

“You came here for holiday? Or are you from here?” old man continued asking.

“Uh… holiday…” I replied, shifting uneasily at my chair.

“Are you married?” old man asked.

SH*TTT!!! Should I say yes or no?! Yes, no, yes?? What??!!

“Uh… yes…” hesitation laced my not-so-convincing answer.

Oh boy…

Suddenly, a woman, two pretty girls in their tweens and a tall, good-looking teenage boy appeared from goodness-knew-where. The woman took a seat next to me in spite of the presence of many other empty seats near that funny old man. It was that funny old man’s wife.







Whoops... here comes the wife :P



The funny old man’s conversation with me stopped right there and then. Oh thank God, yippie…

The lady turned towards me and asked, “You’re going back home to Malaysia or visiting?”

“Go home,” I answered.

Then came that sudden million-dollar question again, “Are you married?”

So since I already said “yes” to that funny, friendly old man, I better say “yes” to the wife also, right? One lie leads to another.

“Yes, I’m married…” I answered oh-so-convincingly in spite of the absence of an object that resembles a ring around one particular finger of mine.

“Any children yet?” lady asked.

As that question was asked, I suddenly and finally understood the meaning of life, the theory of relativity, creationism, epistemology and theories of psychotherapy, as though struck by lightning, and that there’s something extremely important missing from my life. (this blog is full of rubbish, seriously)

“Hmm… no…” my voice trailed off.

“Well, maybe not now…” the lady smiled.

I smiled back...






Moral of the story: Wear a ring.










One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Imagine saying that on your wedding day... Crap, man...

7 comments:

jill said...

aunty, how r u? your whole story and moral of story like got no connection at all laaaaa!

j_yenn said...

i know

Jean said...

lol i enjoyed reading!

From me to you, suejean =)

Alexander said...

I don't understand -.- call me stupid XDD

j_yenn said...

thanks, SJ. you're a smart girl. So is Senghoo, but he demands to be called as something else, lol....

zewt said...

you must have thought that old man was picking on you isnt it? hahaha...

j_yenn said...

never talk to strangers, that's what my ma and pa always said. lol :P